Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Blog Post #10

 I think as an elementary school teacher, I would use data collection surveys in order to survey the parents rather than the students. I could see elementary aged students being confused about the ways in which surveys need to be taken and it would really be easier to poll them in the classroom by having them raise their hand or through another in person method. I could see this technology working well for parents since they are not in the classroom and can't interact with the teacher a lot. I feel this could work well to keep the teacher-parent relationship strong.

I found a lot of topics interesting while reviewing classmates blogs. I particularly liked Savannah's idea of using the surveys to check in with the students to see how they were understanding things. To build off of this idea, you could ask the students to rate to what level they understood the lesson from 1 to 5, and then as a teacher you would not be able to move on to more content unless the average score from the class was higher than a 2.5. I feel like having a numerical benchmark for moving on would be so helpful for a teacher, and the surveys could be the perfect way in which to do that. 

I did not participate in Tech-Flex or earn any digital badges this semester. 

Next, I would like to learn how to use tools that could help teachers lesson plan online. My cousin is a new kindergarten teacher and she was telling me about all the online tools that are available to organize for lessons, gain ideas, and discover new learning tools. While this type of technology would not benefit the students directly, it would benefit teachers and help them stay more organized. This would in turn make for more organized lessons and ease pressure that is put on teachers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Post #10

 I think as an elementary school teacher, I would use data collection surveys in order to survey the parents rather than the students. I cou...