Saturday, October 9, 2021

Blog Post #6

 My initial experience using Diigo was honestly not very positive. I really did not like how cluttered the home page seemed and how the different tabs were set up. Especially in the beginning, I found it extremely hard to navigate. However, once I got more comfortable with it, it began to make a little more sense. Some things I did like were how easy it was to post something to our class group. The act of actually making a post was fairly simple and I think that was my favorite part about using the website. 

In the beginning, I did not really like blogging. If I am being honest, I do not enjoy trying to navigate new technology so it took some getting used to. At first, it seemed like a large task to get the blog pulled up, figure out where to post, and then figure out how to upload to Canvas. Now that it is second nature, I really do not mind it and actually slightly enjoy making the blog posts each week. So far during the blogging process, I think I learned how to well condense my thoughts into a few short paragraphs. With a blog, there is a fine line between dragging on and on versus getting right to the point of the question that needs to be answered. In the beginning I think I gave too much extra information, but now I think I have gotten better at keeping the responses on task. 

A Web 2.0 tool I find interesting is Prezi. Prezi is a website that is similar to a PowerPoint but with different shapes and more ways to make it creative. I remember my middle school history teacher using Prezi and all the students loving it and thinking it was so interesting. Looking back on it now, I have no idea how something so simple could keep a class of 12 years old so intrigued while learning about the Cold War. So the idea behind it is fascinating to me, as it really is only adding more distractions to learning but is somehow managing to keep children well engaged. Prezi seems to do this with less predictable functions than PowerPoint, as well as more room for graphics and teacher creativity. https://prezi.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Post #10

 I think as an elementary school teacher, I would use data collection surveys in order to survey the parents rather than the students. I cou...