Friday, October 15, 2021

Blog Post #7

 The idea of a teacher's website is meant for teachers and students to be able to be better connected online to teachers if needed. However, after browsing through the teacher webpages at Lion High School, it is pretty clear that not all teachers use their website. For example, there was one teacher that still had material up from the 2017-2018 school year. Meanwhile, another teacher had an ongoing syllabus up on her main page as well as a link to Canvas where all of their course material can be found. If I were a teacher, I would also want to include an active syllabus so parents could see as well. I think this is important in high school for a parent to have access to what their child will be learning on how days in schools. If I were a teacher, I would definitely try to include that in my teacher webpage.


As a teacher, I would envision using technology in an efficient and effective manner. Something I know I would want to utilize would be remind messages going to the student, and depending on the age of the students, the parents as well. I feel in such a digital age where everyone seems to be busy, getting a reminder text on your cell phone would be an extremely easy and fast mode of communication. Not everyone has time to constantly be checking their email, so a text message could be utilized for fast reminders. 

My first experience using Wiki (PB Works) was quite confusing. I am not sure if I would want to utilize that kind of website in the classroom, but I might use something like that for a more fun activity. Since each student can create their own website, I think it would be fun for younger age students to share "stories" on their webpage. For example, on a Monday morning for a writing activity I could have the students write on their webpage what they did this weekend, and then once that activity was over the other students could go on the class page and look for the peers answers and read about what they did. Other than that, I do not think I would use the platform for bigger assignments where different things need to be hyperlinked, commented on, etc. It seems to be too much of a hassle and not very clear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Post #10

 I think as an elementary school teacher, I would use data collection surveys in order to survey the parents rather than the students. I cou...